CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Song (Sort Of)

Hey folks. I recently performed in a concert to benefit the Utah chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis society and I just happened to have my recorder handy at the show. For your listening pleasure (or mild confusion, utter disgust, etc.) I've uploaded one of the songs I played. I wrote this one a few years back, but it's still one of my favorites to perform. It's called "Tell Me."

On an unrelated note, I took an Italian class which reminded me of the movie "Life Is Beautiful." For those of you who missed it a few years back, it's about an Italian Jew named Guido during WWII who, after being consigned to a concentration camp with his family, invents a game to protect his son Giosué's innocence. I watched it for the class and was really impressed by the soundtrack. The movie is touching, of course, but I liked the way that Nicola Piovani's beautiful score supported the overall message of the film: that despite seemingly impossible odds and being confronted with unthinkable brutality, the human spirit and positive thinking can still make life a beautiful thing. If you haven't heard the soundtrack, check it out. I've included the track "Buon Giorno Principessa," which contains the theme that Piovani repeats throughout the score. Until next time!



1 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful message and a beautiful film. Thanks for the reminder.